Best Storage Solution: Mobile Storage, Self-storage or Professional Movers
The storage industry has been around for a very long time and pretty much everybody knows about its services. Well, either for moving from one state to another or for temporary services, storage containers can be hired. As there are many companies that provide mobile storage containers, it is always a bit of challenge to choose the right one during the hour of need. Within this industry, mobile storage units are relatively new and indicate the rise in the ever rich logistics industry. Until a few years ago, people had to take their belongings to where the unit is but now, a lot has changed. The storage containers are sent to the place a customer demands. Incredible change that is. These mobile containers make a lot of sense when people are between jobs trying to gather themselves and catching up other things. Some even use these in case of temporary lack of space.
Just like you would in any other business, you need to understand how a good mobile storage company is different from a great one. Perhaps, they don’t tell about these tips on TLC or Discovery either but there are certain things you may want to keep in mind while hiring such services. Let’s start from where you can find them. Typically, internet and Google search are your best options. It is important to note that not every storage company provides moving storage containers. Make a quick list of all the mobile storage companies in and around your area along with their phone numbers. Once you get through to them on the phone, please check for all the services they provide. Ask them whatever questions hit your mind. You can always bombard some more when they drive over.
Not many mobile storage moving companies have gained the confidence and reputation as much as UNITS portable storage has in the recent years. With their state of the art mobile storage containers, they have made a mark in this industry. Their storage containers are extremely well built using steel and have a wooden floor that can take on possibly anything you throw at it. What’s even better is that UNITS portable storage containers have climate control options to ensure that whatever goes in their stays safe for longer periods. UNITS portable storage will store your belongings in their super safe containers for an agreed period and then deliver it back to whatever place you want.
Well, while mobile storage units are safer and sound sophisticated, it does not come cheap. So, compared to self storage containers, a mobile storage container is going to cost you a lot more. Again, a quick breakup of the payment has three layers – one when you get the empty container, second to store your belongings for the agreed time and lastly, for delivering it back to the place you want. If money isn’t on your mind then this part is taken care of.
Get Nothing but the Best Portable Storage Containers
Who says finding great portable storage containers is tough? If you keep these 3 tips in mind, you will surely get nothing but the best!
Determine Your Portable Storage Container Needs
Before you look for any portable storage provider, you must first identify your needs. It is just not possible to get the right deal, both in container size and price, if you do not know what you need in the first place. It will be like going to the grocery to shop for dinner but having no idea what to cook. For some, that might not sound like a bad idea. However, without knowing what you need, you can easily end up persuaded by others—the “others” being salesmen. No, salesmen are not bad, but you can’t blame them for leading you to buy more expensive deals.
To make sure that you will get the right type and size of container for the best price, you have to do the following:
- Create a list of the things you plan to put in the container. Ask family or friends, specifically previous storage container users, for advice on the right container size to get.
- Determine how much you can or are willing to spend as well as how long you will use portable storage containers.
Learn More about the Portable Storage Containers Providers
Once you determine your needs, you can start looking for companies offering portable storage containers. Given the fact that you have numerous of options, both local and from other states, you have to be cautious: you have to learn as much as you can about the providers. How can you do that? Through the following:
- Read the companies’ profile. Look at their “About” and “Services” pages as well as their blogs, if they have one. These pages will you help you evaluate a company’s history, expertise, and knowledge of the industry.
- Look for testimonials and reviews. A lot of companies place testimonials in their main pages, but you should not rely only on those. Rather, you should look for reviews outside the companies’ website. A quick search on Google can help you with this. Use this formula for finding reviews: “company name (or website) review.” Make sure you include the quotation marks to get the reviews you are looking for.
- Try their customer service. Customer support is essential for businesses to succeed because customers are their lifeline. If a company does not offer great customer service, then it will be best to avoid it; you are a paying customer, so you should be given respect and your queries should be promptly replied to. Those are great reasons why you should test companies’ customer service. Call their numbers, send an email, ask for a quote, and try the live chat, if they have it. All these can help you determine how devoted to customers your chosen companies are.
Compare Offers and Prices of Portable Storage Units
Last, you will have to compare offers and prices. For this, you will have to look at several things:
- Types of Portable Storage Containers—there are portable storage containers made from aluminum, wood, steel, and a combination of the previous two. Some containers are simply painted while others are applied with chemicals for water and heat proofing purposes. Ask the providers what types of containers they offer, and choose which one suits your needs best.
- Price—you must ask not only for the actual container price but also the price for delivery, pick up, and duration. You must also ask local companies if they charge less since it delivery and pick up of portable storage containers are easier for them.
Some people think that finding the best storage pods is like finding a needle in a haystack. That need not be the case. Follow the tips shared with you today, and you can rest assured that you will always get the best deal.